Sunday, November 22, 2015

December Writing Exercise: Write From the Perspect of Christmas Decorations

At Newsvine I used to lead and participate in many writing exercises. I write some of my best fiction and satire pieces there and it sparked some of my favorite personal narrative pieces.

I miss doing that  and thought I would try this here.

So I thought I'd try leading a writing exercise here.  I'll set up a second one and will link from one to the other.

Since it's the holidays I'm giving you a holiday-related exercise: Write a story from the perspective of Christmas decorations. This can be Christmas lights or whatever.

I started to suggest we write from the Point of a View of  A Christmas Tree then remembered I did that as an exercise in 2007 and this was my resulting piece.

I've also in the past written from the perspective of a Thanksgiving Carving Knife.

I also once did an exercise on how to write from the perspective of a turkey here and I posted my submission on this blog

Try to make it at least 100 words. You can either post your piece in the comments or link to where you point it at. Try to give positive feedback, only negative criticism if requested.

Questions?

I gathered a number of writing advice pieces I have written over the years here.

No comments:

Post a Comment