Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dear Tour De France

Dear Tour De France: We've had a rocky relationship, you and me, but i've tried to stay true. You and the soccer World Cup - and parts of the Olympics - that's the only sports I watch.
.
We had some tough times. I took you less seriously when it seemed like everyone who was winning was cheating. That wasn't your fault and I know you said I was projecting my frustration with the cyclists which was unfair.

Things were improving the last few years and we never went to bed angry with each other.

But this year... this year I think you're just testing me now.
The tv broadcasts of your events are 5 hours each day!

Now I know some people who watch 5 hours of tv a day and so that wouldn't be a problem. I am not that person. I'm the guy who records 3 hours of tv a nite (well, 8 including you) and is lucky if he has time - or energy - to watch more than hour of something off dvr a nite.
I'm the guy who still hasnt finished watching the dvrd episodes of This Is Us, who remains always at least one week behind on watching the Daily Show, who has a netflix queue that is often within ten items of the maximum (most people probably dont even know there IS a maximum).
But I digress, which is easy to do when it takes 2 1/2 nights to watch one five hour program.
Tour, You want to know how bad it is? It's so bad that tonight I might finish watching Sunday's race. At this rate I will finish watching the Tour De France about a month after it actually ends

Please next year have realistic expectations. If not, I might have to give up on you and start watching more soccer.
Don't make me quit you!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment