Friday, December 4, 2015

A Good Read Especially If You Want To Better Understand Families of Folks With Special Needs

Today I finished Sarah Barnes' book, A Different Road, and tonight I met both her and her daughter, Meredith, at Quacks. We all shared chocolate. Yum.
The book, by the former Austin Stateman reporter, is excellent and quite moving, I highly recommend it. I sent her tonight my interview questions and the finished product will be published on BookPeople's Internet site within a week as a way to promote both the book and a book signing by her. That book signing is at 7 pm Dec. 11.
Her book describes what it's been like to raise a daughter with an atypical brain, the challenges and frustrations, the victories and accomplishments, I was at times cheering for her and tearing up for her. I told my charge the tears were due to allergies.smile emoticon
I'm honored to help promote the book. I hope it gets much media attention and coverage. Many can learn a lot from this book and Barnes' story.

You know the expression, "Write what you know"?"How about an amendment: "Do interviews about what you know."
Details on the book and this story are here

No comments:

Post a Comment